After successful careers in the business community as a management accountant and real estate business owner, I now devote my time to my passion of art. In addition to studying with several local artists in Albuquerque and Boise, I have trained with national instructors Alvaro Castagnet, Terry Madden, Tom Lynch, Carol Orr, Ted Nuttal, Betsey Dillard Stroud, Tony Couch, Ken Hosmer, Frank LaLumia, Dale Laitenen and David Drummond. Working in transparent watercolor and water based pastel on varied surfaces I paint a variety of subjects including landscape, still-life, abstract, southwest design, floral, animals and portraiture...all with an eye on the design patterns of shapes and values. I have shown and been a frequent award-winner in juried shows such as Masterworks of NM, Weems Artfest, NMWS, PSNM, TWS, Expo NM, Rio Grand Arts and Crafts Shows, NM Art League...and having moved to Boise in 2013, Idaho State Fair (Fine Arts Judge, 2015), IWS , Art and Roses, Art in the Park, Bosco Studio Open House Tour, and Initial Point Gallery. I also teach classes and do workshops with emphasis on design and composition.
- Idaho Watercolor Society, Secretary, Judge Western Idaho State Fair-2015, Bosco Open Studio Tour Member, Art Instructor
- Signature Member and Past President of New Mexico Watercolor Society.
- Signature Member Taos National Watercolor Society.
- Pastel Society of New Mexico
- The Art League, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Art Instructor- The Artists Studio, Albuquerque, NM 2003-2013
- Owner/Broker-Kissam Realty, Albuquerque, NM 1980-2006
- Controller-Sysco Foods, in Albuquerque and El Paso to 1980
Visit her at: laurenjohnsonartist.com